Community family fun day. Meet the rescues of liberty sanctuary
September 9th, 2023 | 12 – 4 PM
585 S. Little Pole Road, Heber
Horses | Bounce house | Grassy Cow | Raffle
Liberty Sanctuary is a 501 (c)(3) equine sanctuary in Wasatch County which offers freedom for equines rescued from the slaughter pipeline, a vast network responsible for sending mostly adoptable horses to slaughter after enduring documented, consistent abuse and suffering. The sanctuary was inaugurated in 2023 by a group of caring individuals and equine enthusiasts in an effort to save horses from slaughter and to advocate for them. Liberty supports the bi-partisan SAFE Act and also seeks for other safe management of America’s equine population.
- The American equine is an enduring symbol of freedom
- American horses have been our partners in developing this great nation and in work and sport
- They deserve our gratitude & protection
- Over 20,000 equines were exported for slaughter and sent to foreign markets for human consumption in 2022
- According to the USDA, 92.3 percent of equines in kill pens are otherwise healthy and could live productive lives
- Horse slaughter isn’t humane or acceptable
- Contact your elected officials to help pass the SAFE Act (Save Americas Forgotten Equines) as part of the 2023 Farm Bill)
Libertysanctuary.org – Visit to volunteer, donate and learn more information.