With all the summer time backyard shenanigans and shindigs on everyone’s event calendar — be the talk of the town with these bright, beautiful, and shiny beverages. Make sure you gather lots of adventure stories to share, because these drinks will make everyone want to stay a while.
Snow Cone Refreshers Mocktail
1 quart each of your favorite colored snow cone flavoring
1 liter of tonic water
Assorted fruits for garnish
- Open each quart of your favorite snow cone flavoring and pour it into glass dishes that you will be able to get an ice cream scoop into. Freeze each flavor. For fun you can use half a quart, freeze it, and then layer a different flavor on top, then freeze.
- Once frozen, using an ice cream scoop or shaving kitchen utensil, scoop out your desired flavor into a glass and top it with tonic water.
- Garnish with desired fruit.
Mocktail to Cocktail – purchase assorted vodka flavors along with snow cone flavors. Shave plain ice and top each glass of shaved ice with your mixture of choice.
Coconut Watermelon Slushy Mocktail
2 cups watermelon, pureed
2 cups coconut milk
½ cup chilled water
1/3 cup of coconut cream
2 teaspoons of almond extract
½ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of citrus extract
- Pour watermelon puree into glasses that are propped slightly on the side and freeze.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut cream, almond extract and water. Shake vigorously.
- In a small bowl; combine the sugar and the citrus extract to flavor the sugar.
- Wet the rim of your glass that has the frozen watermelon and dip it into sugar mixture (optional).
- Top the frozen watermelon with the coconut mixture. Serve just as the watermelon starts to turn into a slushy.
Mocktail to Cocktail – substitute the 1/3 cup coconut cream and almond extract with Bacardi’s Coconut Rum.
Sour Apple Limeade Mocktail
1/2 cup of lemonade
1/3 cup of Sour Apple snow cone flavoring
The juice of 2 limes
The zest of 2 limes
¼ cup of coarse sugar
Sprite to Taste, approximately 24 ounces
- In a pitcher, mix the lemonade, sour apple flavoring, and lime juice over 2 cups of ice.
- Gently pour in Sprite and mix together.
- On a flat surface, mix the coarse sugar and the lime zest.
- Using your glass of choice, wet the rim and dip the rim into the coarse sugar and zest mixture.
- Fill each glass with your mocktail.
Mocktail to Cocktail – substitute the sour apple flavoring with sour apple liqueur, reduce the lemonade to 1/3 cup, and add in 2-4 ounces of your choice of tequila.