We are excited to announce the application period for the 2019 cooperative marketing program grant has officially opened. This year you will have until January 1, 2019 to submit your application.
Each year, Wasatch County generously provides grant monies to increase tourism awareness and overnight stays in the Heber Valley. Through an appointed advisory board, grant monies are allocated to event organizers based on merit, need, and the potential of attracting a significant number of overnight visitors to the area. See the original story and apply at gohebervalley.com.
Grant recipients are to use the special event marketing co-op funds exclusively outside of Wasatch County in the form of marketing, advertising, and promoting their events. Any promotional item that is created using grant money should include the official Heber Valley Tourism logo. For questions about the program, contact Jessica Broadhead, Marketing and Operations Manager, at 435-654-3666 or by email at[email protected].
The 2019 application is due on January 1, 2019. All applications must be received by 11:59 pm MST on January 1, 2019 to be eligible for funding. See document for full application requirements. Each application wil be scored based on the following criteria:
- Quality of proposed marketing strategy
- Potential to increase overnight stays within the Valley and evidence of local lodging partnership
- Expected revenue and positive economic impact generated
- Projects aimed at attracting more visitors during shoulder season (spring, fall, and winter)
- How crucial is this grant funding to the success of the proposed campaign
- Strong community support and involvement